On October 18, Fordham’s Institute on Religion, Law & Lawyer’s Work will host what looks to be a fascinating panel discussion, “Why Morality-Free Economic Theory Does Not Work: A Natural Law Perspective in the Wake of the Recent Financial Crisis.” Speakers include Luigino Bruni (Milan-Bicocca), Michael Baur (Fordham) and Russell Pearce (Fordham). Details are here.
- The Civil Religion of the First World War
- France to Facilitate Asylum for Iraqi Christians
- The Forum in the Law Reviews
- Like Us? Tell the ABA
- Kochen, “Organ Donation and the Divine Lien in Talmudic Law”
- “Modern Islamic Thinking and Activism” (Erkan Toguslu & Johan Leman, eds.)
- Conference: “Liberty and Justice for All” (October 2-5)
- Why Did ISIS Destroy the Tomb of Jonah?
- “Religious Minorities and Cultural Diversity in the Dutch Republic” (den Hollander et al., eds.)
- Conference: Non-Public School Graduates in Civil Society: Release of Data (September 10)