On October 18, Fordham’s Institute on Religion, Law & Lawyer’s Work will host what looks to be a fascinating panel discussion, “Why Morality-Free Economic Theory Does Not Work: A Natural Law Perspective in the Wake of the Recent Financial Crisis.” Speakers include Luigino Bruni (Milan-Bicocca), Michael Baur (Fordham) and Russell Pearce (Fordham). Details are here.
- Certiorari Granted in Legislative Prayer Case
- The Top Five New Law & Religion Papers on SSRN
- Good-Bye to All That?
- Targeting, Unequal Application, and Free Exercise
- Panel on Islamic Law and the Arab Spring (June 4)
- Around the Web This Week
- Castellino & Cavanaugh, “Minority Rights in the Middle East”
- Devji, “Muslim Zion”
- Shalev, “American Zion”
- Non sum Oedipus, sed Morus