Eric Rassbach of the Becket Fund writes about NYC’s lawsuit against Hasidic-owned stores in Brooklyn. The city’s lawsuit alleges that the stores’ dress code discriminates against women. CLR Forum covered the story here.
- Around the Web this Week
- Hertel, “The Crescent Remembered”
- “Politics of Religion and Nationalism” (Requejo & Nagel, eds.)
- More Questions on the Significant Harm to Third-Parties Establishment Clause Theory
- What’s Happening in Houston?
- Haynes, “Faith-Based Organizations at the United Nations”
- Klein, “Lives in Common: Arabs and Jews in Jerusalem, Jaffa and Hebron”
- Ward, “Modern Democracy and the Theological-Political Problem in Spinoza, Rousseau, and Jefferson”
- “John Rawls and Christian Social Engagement” (Bradley & Forster, eds.)
- Seminar: “Minority Religions and Schooling” (London School of Economics, Dec. 6)