This year, Ahmad Dallal, Provost and Professor of History at the American University of Beirut, has published Islam, Science, and the Challenge of History (Yale, 2012). An ambitious project, Prof. Dallal’s volume traces the rich tradition of scientific thought in the Muslim world, a history of confluence; conflict; and mutual religious, political, and cultural stimulus. See further reflections on Dallal’s new text here. Likewise, please see the publisher’s description after the jump. Continue reading
- Around the Web This Week
- “Family, Religion and Law” (Shah, Foblets & Rohe, eds.)
- Nedilsky, “Converts to Civil Society”
- America’s Duty to Iraq’s Christians
- Is More Less? Or is More More?
- Rose, “Jewish Philosophical Politics in Germany, 1789-1848″
- “Hinduism” (Sweetman, ed.)
- Is ISIS Ready to Move on Aleppo?
- Peter Berger on the Anglican Establishment
- Obama Administration Announces Plans to Revise the Contraceptives Mandate