I’m delighted to announce that Mary Kay Vyskocil (left), a member of the Center’s advisory board, has been named to the short list of candidates for an upcoming vacancy on New York’s Court of Appeals. The New York State Commission on Judicial Nomination selected her, along with six other candidates, for inclusion on the short list; Governor Andrew Cuomo must choose his nominee to high court from among these candidates. Vyskocil is a graduate of St. John’s Law and a partner at Simpson Thacher. Congratulations!
- Fromont, “The Art of Conversion: Christian Visual Culture in the Kingdom of Kongo”
- Halim, “Legal Authority in Premodern Islam”
- “Catholic Midwives Must Supervise Abortions, Supreme Court Decides”
- The Proctor: A Legal Note from David Copperfield
- What is an Advertisement Without “Moral” or “Political Content”?
- Disapproving Religion in the NYC Subway
- Piatt, “Catholic Legal Perspectives”
- Allitt on Europe and Cultural Difference
- Dawson, “The Gods of Revolution”
- Lumen Christi Conference: “The Vocation of a Christian Law Professor,” January 2, 2015