In our most recent podcast, Center Director Mark Movsesian and Associate Director Marc DeGirolami discuss last week’s oral argument in Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby, the Contraception Mandate case. We address the background of the litigation, the rhetorical strategies adopted by each side, and the major doctrinal questions the Court will need to resolve. We also make predictions about how the Justices will ultimately rule. The podcast will be useful for students and others looking for an introduction to this extremely important case.
- Around the Web this Week
- Accetti, “Relativism and Religion”
- “The ‘Alawis of Syria: War, Faith and Politics in the Levant” (Kerr & Larkin, eds.)
- Should Catholic Hospitals be Catholic?
- Smith, “Religious Persecution and Political Order in the United States”
- Kleidosty, “The Concert of Civilizations”
- Marsden, “The Crisis of Religious Toleration in Imperial Russia”
- Ansari, “Islam and Nationalism in India”
- Ballard and Sincere Religious Beliefs, Part II
- Sutto, “Loyal Protestants & Dangerous Papists”