Fordham’s Institute on Religion, Law & Lawyers’ Work will host a lecture, “‘Who is a Jew': Israeli Law versus the Press,” on February 19. The speaker, Professor Yifat Holzman-Gazit, will discuss a 2005 Israeli High Court decision on the validity of non-Orthodox conversions to Judaism performed outside Israel. Details are here.
- Fromont, “The Art of Conversion: Christian Visual Culture in the Kingdom of Kongo”
- Halim, “Legal Authority in Premodern Islam”
- “Catholic Midwives Must Supervise Abortions, Supreme Court Decides”
- The Proctor: A Legal Note from David Copperfield
- What is an Advertisement Without “Moral” or “Political Content”?
- Disapproving Religion in the NYC Subway
- Piatt, “Catholic Legal Perspectives”
- Allitt on Europe and Cultural Difference
- Dawson, “The Gods of Revolution”
- Lumen Christi Conference: “The Vocation of a Christian Law Professor,” January 2, 2015