Fordham’s Institute on Religion, Law & Lawyers’ Work will host a lecture, “‘Who is a Jew': Israeli Law versus the Press,” on February 19. The speaker, Professor Yifat Holzman-Gazit, will discuss a 2005 Israeli High Court decision on the validity of non-Orthodox conversions to Judaism performed outside Israel. Details are here.
- Conference at EUI (Florence) on The Roberts Court and the Protection of Religious Freedom in the United States
- “The Oxford Handbook of American Islam” (Haddad & Smith, eds.)
- “Choreographies of Shared Sacred Sites: Religion, Politics, and Conflict Resolution” (Barkan & Barkey, eds.)
- Around the Web this Week
- Hertel, “The Crescent Remembered”
- “Politics of Religion and Nationalism” (Requejo & Nagel, eds.)
- More Questions on the Significant Harm to Third-Parties Establishment Clause Theory
- What’s Happening in Houston?
- Haynes, “Faith-Based Organizations at the United Nations”
- Klein, “Lives in Common: Arabs and Jews in Jerusalem, Jaffa and Hebron”