The New York Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society will host a panel discussion, “Can Government Deny the Use of Public Space for Religious Services? Bronx Household of Faith v. NYC Department of Education,” in New York on Wednesday, February 20. Speakers include Jordan Lorence (Alliance Defending Freedom) and CLR Forum Guest Author Nelson Tebbe (Brooklyn Law School). Details are here.
- Herringer, “Victorians and the Virgin Mary: Religion and Gender in England 1830-85″
- Rice,”Contraception and Persecution”
- Mayor de Blasio Reverses NYC Dept of Education Policy of Exclusion
- David Cameron on the Persecution of Christians
- French & Nathan (eds.), Buddhism and Law: An Introduction
- Kanarek, “Biblical Narrative and the Formation of Rabbinic Law”
- Machiavelli’s Civil Religion
- Quote for the Day
- The Weekly Five
- How Do You Say “Nones” in French?