For CLR Forum readers attending the AALS Meeting in New Orleans this weekend, the annual Lumen Christi Conference on Christian Legal Thought will take place on Saturday, January 5. This year’s meeting will focus on a recent statement on the nature of law by Evangelical and Catholic scholars and will include speakers from non-Christian perspectives as well. Details are here.
- Free Exercise by Moonlight
- Canada’s Hobby Lobby Moment?
- Miah, “Muslims, Schooling and the Question of Self-Segregation”
- “Cultural, Religious and Political Contestations” (Mansouri, ed.)
- Around the Web This Week
- “Funding Religious Heritage” (Fornerod, ed.)
- “Dissent on Core Beliefs” (Chambers & Nosco, eds.)
- “It is by obeying the judgments of our predecessors that we are empowered to make judgments of our own.”
- Hon. Kenneth Starr to Lecture at Touro on “The First Freedom: Religious Liberty in America”
- “Religious Literacy in Policy and Practice” (Dinham & Francis, eds.)