For CLR Forum readers attending the AALS Meeting in New Orleans this weekend, the annual Lumen Christi Conference on Christian Legal Thought will take place on Saturday, January 5. This year’s meeting will focus on a recent statement on the nature of law by Evangelical and Catholic scholars and will include speakers from non-Christian perspectives as well. Details are here.
- What’s Happening in Argentina?
- Holt v. Hobbs Podcast
- Around the Web This Week
- Commins, “Islam in Saudi Arabia”
- Sciorra, “Built with Faith: Italian American Imagination and Catholic Material Culture in New York City”
- “The Oxford Handbook of Religion, Conflict, and Peacebuilding” (Omer et al., eds.)
- Rajan, “Al Qaeda’s Global Crisis”
- When Doesn’t a Religious Accommodation “Detrimentally Affect Others”? And a Few Other Holt v. Hobbs Thoughts
- Houlihan, “Catholicism and the Great War: Religion and Everyday Life in Germany and Austria-Hungary, 1914–1922″
- Steenbrink, “Catholics in Independent Indonesia:1945-2010″