For CLR Forum readers attending the AALS Meeting in New Orleans this weekend, the annual Lumen Christi Conference on Christian Legal Thought will take place on Saturday, January 5. This year’s meeting will focus on a recent statement on the nature of law by Evangelical and Catholic scholars and will include speakers from non-Christian perspectives as well. Details are here.
- Conference at EUI (Florence) on The Roberts Court and the Protection of Religious Freedom in the United States
- “The Oxford Handbook of American Islam” (Haddad & Smith, eds.)
- “Choreographies of Shared Sacred Sites: Religion, Politics, and Conflict Resolution” (Barkan & Barkey, eds.)
- Around the Web this Week
- Hertel, “The Crescent Remembered”
- “Politics of Religion and Nationalism” (Requejo & Nagel, eds.)
- More Questions on the Significant Harm to Third-Parties Establishment Clause Theory
- What’s Happening in Houston?
- Haynes, “Faith-Based Organizations at the United Nations”
- Klein, “Lives in Common: Arabs and Jews in Jerusalem, Jaffa and Hebron”