The Interdisciplinary Program in Law and Religion at the Catholic University of America will host a conference, “The Status of the Christian Communities in Iraqi Kurdistan: Challenges and Opportunities,” on Wednesday, December 5, in Washington, DC. Panels will address the history of Christian communities in Iraqi Kurdistan, their present condition, and the legal challenges they face. Details are here.
- Conference at EUI (Florence) on The Roberts Court and the Protection of Religious Freedom in the United States
- “The Oxford Handbook of American Islam” (Haddad & Smith, eds.)
- “Choreographies of Shared Sacred Sites: Religion, Politics, and Conflict Resolution” (Barkan & Barkey, eds.)
- Around the Web this Week
- Hertel, “The Crescent Remembered”
- “Politics of Religion and Nationalism” (Requejo & Nagel, eds.)
- More Questions on the Significant Harm to Third-Parties Establishment Clause Theory
- What’s Happening in Houston?
- Haynes, “Faith-Based Organizations at the United Nations”
- Klein, “Lives in Common: Arabs and Jews in Jerusalem, Jaffa and Hebron”