The Interdisciplinary Program in Law and Religion at the Catholic University of America will host a conference, “The Status of the Christian Communities in Iraqi Kurdistan: Challenges and Opportunities,” on Wednesday, December 5, in Washington, DC. Panels will address the history of Christian communities in Iraqi Kurdistan, their present condition, and the legal challenges they face. Details are here.
- Call for Papers: “Regulating Religion: Normativity and Change at the Intersection of Law and Religion”
- Crabtree, “Holy Nation”
- “Judaism, Christianity, and Islam” (Gilman, ed.)
- Free Exercise by Moonlight
- Canada’s Hobby Lobby Moment?
- Miah, “Muslims, Schooling and the Question of Self-Segregation”
- “Cultural, Religious and Political Contestations” (Mansouri, ed.)
- Around the Web This Week
- “Funding Religious Heritage” (Fornerod, ed.)
- “Dissent on Core Beliefs” (Chambers & Nosco, eds.)