This Thursday, November 29, I’ll be giving a lecture, “Equality for Christians in the Middle East, Yesterday and Today,” at the Armenian Orthodox seminary in New Rochelle, New York. My lecture will discuss the precarious state of Christian communities in the Middle East and the reasons why the goal of real legal equality has proved so elusive. Details are here. CLR Forum readers in the neighborhood, please stop by and say hello!
- Free Exercise by Moonlight
- Canada’s Hobby Lobby Moment?
- Miah, “Muslims, Schooling and the Question of Self-Segregation”
- “Cultural, Religious and Political Contestations” (Mansouri, ed.)
- Around the Web This Week
- “Funding Religious Heritage” (Fornerod, ed.)
- “Dissent on Core Beliefs” (Chambers & Nosco, eds.)
- “It is by obeying the judgments of our predecessors that we are empowered to make judgments of our own.”
- Hon. Kenneth Starr to Lecture at Touro on “The First Freedom: Religious Liberty in America”
- “Religious Literacy in Policy and Practice” (Dinham & Francis, eds.)