On November 29, the New York City Bar Association will host a panel, “Islam and Politics.” According to the organizers, the event will “focus on the role of religion in Muslim majority States, especially as it pertains to competition both among Sunnis, Shi’a, and Salafists as well as between Muslims and other religious minorities.” Details are here.
- Herringer, “Victorians and the Virgin Mary: Religion and Gender in England 1830-85″
- Rice,”Contraception and Persecution”
- Mayor de Blasio Reverses NYC Dept of Education Policy of Exclusion
- David Cameron on the Persecution of Christians
- French & Nathan (eds.), Buddhism and Law: An Introduction
- Kanarek, “Biblical Narrative and the Formation of Rabbinic Law”
- Machiavelli’s Civil Religion
- Quote for the Day
- The Weekly Five
- How Do You Say “Nones” in French?