Back in August, I posted a critique of Duke Professor Barak Richman‘s argument, discussed in an article in the New York Times, that Conservative Judaism’s process for naming rabbis violates the antitrust laws. Barak responded in the comment box, and it occurred to me that it would be a nice idea to host an online debate on the subject. Professor Daniel Crane (Michigan) has kindly agreed to participate. So, for the next couple of days, Barak and Dan will face off here at CLR Forum. We’re very grateful to both of them and look forward to a lively and enlightening exchange. And the com boxes will be open!
- Two New Books on Pentecostalism
- Lombardi on Islamic Constitutions
- Certiorari Granted in Legislative Prayer Case
- The Top Five New Law & Religion Papers on SSRN
- Good-Bye to All That?
- Targeting, Unequal Application, and Free Exercise
- Panel on Islamic Law and the Arab Spring (June 4)
- Around the Web This Week
- Castellino & Cavanaugh, “Minority Rights in the Middle East”
- Devji, “Muslim Zion”