Back in August, I posted a critique of Duke Professor Barak Richman‘s argument, discussed in an article in the New York Times, that Conservative Judaism’s process for naming rabbis violates the antitrust laws. Barak responded in the comment box, and it occurred to me that it would be a nice idea to host an online debate on the subject. Professor Daniel Crane (Michigan) has kindly agreed to participate. So, for the next couple of days, Barak and Dan will face off here at CLR Forum. We’re very grateful to both of them and look forward to a lively and enlightening exchange. And the com boxes will be open!
- Castagna, “A Bridge across the Ocean: The United States and the Holy See Between the Two World Wars”
- “Sites of European Antisemitism in the Age of Mass Politics, 1880–1918″ (Nemes et al., eds.)
- The Civil Religion of the First World War
- France to Facilitate Asylum for Iraqi Christians
- The Forum in the Law Reviews
- Like Us? Tell the ABA
- Kochen, “Organ Donation and the Divine Lien in Talmudic Law”
- “Modern Islamic Thinking and Activism” (Erkan Toguslu & Johan Leman, eds.)
- Conference: “Liberty and Justice for All” (October 2-5)
- Why Did ISIS Destroy the Tomb of Jonah?