This weekend, I participated in the Federal Bar Council’s 2012 Fall Bench and Bar Retreat in Skytop, Pennsylvania. I spoke on a panel, “First Amendment: The State of Freedom of Religion in 2012,” which addressed the ministerial exception, the contraception mandate, and Judge Preska’s recent opinion in the Bronx Household case. My fellow panelists were Judge Raymond Dearie (EDNY), Professor Kent Greenawalt (Columbia), and attorneys Gregory Lipper (Americans United for the Separation of Church and State) and Eric Rassbach (The Becket Fund). Thanks to the Council, and especially program coordinators Brad Glick, Linda Goldstein, and Steve Weyer for inviting me.
- Gorbachev & Ikeda, “Moral Lessons of the Twentieth Century: Gorbachev and Ikeda on Buddhism and Communism”
- “Religion and Human Rights: Global Challenges from Intercultural Perspectives” (Gräb & Wilhelm eds.)
- “Muslims and Political Participation in Britain” (Peace, ed.)
- Kersten, “Cosmopolitans and Heretics”
- What’s Happening in Argentina?
- Holt v. Hobbs Podcast
- Around the Web This Week
- Commins, “Islam in Saudi Arabia”
- Sciorra, “Built with Faith: Italian American Imagination and Catholic Material Culture in New York City”
- “The Oxford Handbook of Religion, Conflict, and Peacebuilding” (Omer et al., eds.)