I’ll be participating in a conference next Thursday, September 13 — “Catholic Perspectives on Religious Liberty” — organized by Tom Farr and hosted by the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs at Georgetown University Law Center. The keynote speaker is Cardinal Donald Wuerl and the balance of the conference is organized in 3 fairly conversational panels, each of which is devoted to a separate topic. If you are able to come, please stop by and say hi. More details here.
- Covington-Ward, “Gesture and Power”
- Religious Freedom in America
- Roberts, “Voodoo and Power”
- Around the Web this Week
- Accetti, “Relativism and Religion”
- “The ‘Alawis of Syria: War, Faith and Politics in the Levant” (Kerr & Larkin, eds.)
- Should Catholic Hospitals be Catholic?
- Smith, “Religious Persecution and Political Order in the United States”
- Kleidosty, “The Concert of Civilizations”
- Marsden, “The Crisis of Religious Toleration in Imperial Russia”