The International Institute for the Sociology of Law in Onanti, Spain will hold a conference, “‘Illegal’ Covering: Comparative Perspectives on Legal and Social Discourses on Religious Diversity,” this Thursday and Friday, May 17-18. The conference organizers are Valerie Amiraux (University of Montreal) and Pascale Fournier (University of Ottawa). For details, follow the links here.
- Call for Papers: Law, Religion and Bioethics
- Miller, “Good Catholics: The Battle over Abortion in the Catholic Church”
- Sirry, “Scriptural Polemics: The Qur’an and Other Religions”
- The Return of the Dhimma?
- Happy 450th Birthday to William Shakespeare
- Why Protect Religion?
- Sandberg, “Religion, Law and Society”
- Janes & Houen (eds.), “Martyrdom and Terrorism: Pre-Modern to Contemporary Perspectives”
- The Weekly Five
- Aronoff, “The Political Psychology of Israeli Prime Ministers”