On May 9, Ghent University (Belgium) will host an international conference highlighting empirical work on the wearing of the face veil, or burqa. Speakers will address not only the sociology of the burqa, but also the possible consequences of laws, like those in Belgium and France, that ban it. A description of the conference agenda is here. H/T: Strasbourg Observers.
- Is ISIS Ready to Move on Aleppo?
- Peter Berger on the Anglican Establishment
- Obama Administration Announces Plans to Revise the Contraceptives Mandate
- “Profane” (Grenda, Beneke, & Nash, eds.)
- Sullivan, “A Ministry of Presence”
- “Buddhist Responses to Globalization” (Kalmanson & Shields, eds.)
- Gibson & Karim, “Women of the Nation”
- My Review of Steve Smith’s Rise and Decline of American Religious Freedom
- “Christian Faith and Social Justice” (McCracken, ed.)
- Ndzovuis, “Muslims in Kenyan Politics”