On May 9, Ghent University (Belgium) will host an international conference highlighting empirical work on the wearing of the face veil, or burqa. Speakers will address not only the sociology of the burqa, but also the possible consequences of laws, like those in Belgium and France, that ban it. A description of the conference agenda is here. H/T: Strasbourg Observers.
- The Civil Religion of the First World War
- France to Facilitate Asylum for Iraqi Christians
- The Forum in the Law Reviews
- Like Us? Tell the ABA
- Kochen, “Organ Donation and the Divine Lien in Talmudic Law”
- “Modern Islamic Thinking and Activism” (Erkan Toguslu & Johan Leman, eds.)
- Conference: “Liberty and Justice for All” (October 2-5)
- Why Did ISIS Destroy the Tomb of Jonah?
- “Religious Minorities and Cultural Diversity in the Dutch Republic” (den Hollander et al., eds.)
- Conference: Non-Public School Graduates in Civil Society: Release of Data (September 10)