I’ll be participating on a panel tonight, “Sharing Sacred Space in Jerusalem,” at Fordham Law School’s Institute on Religion, Law & Lawyer’s Work. The panel will address how religious space in Jerusalem has been shared historically, how religious communities have interpreted customary law, and how they have engaged each other to resolve conflict. I’ll be discussing relations among Christians at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in the Old City. Details are here. If you’re in the neighborhood, stop by and say hello.
- Keister & Sherkat (eds.), “Religion and Inequality in America: Research and Theory on Religion’s Role in Stratification”
- Stein, “Saharan Jews and the Fate of French Algeria”
- Call for Papers: Law, Religion and Bioethics
- Miller, “Good Catholics: The Battle over Abortion in the Catholic Church”
- Sirry, “Scriptural Polemics: The Qur’an and Other Religions”
- The Return of the Dhimma?
- Happy 450th Birthday to William Shakespeare
- Why Protect Religion?
- Sandberg, “Religion, Law and Society”
- Janes & Houen (eds.), “Martyrdom and Terrorism: Pre-Modern to Contemporary Perspectives”