The Senate earlier today debated an amendment to a transportation bill introduced by Senator Roy Blunt of Missouri which would allow a religious employer to opt out of any health care decision for any religious reason of conscience. The amendment was quite broad in scope, and it was tabled by a vote of 51-48.
- The Obama Effect?
- Around the Web this Week
- “Religion, Violence and Cities” (O’Dowd & McKnight eds.)
- Mullin, “Constructing Political Islam as the New Other: America and Its Post-War on Terror Politics”
- Panel at AAR Meeting Next Month
- Upcoming Natural Law Colloquium Lecture at Fordham
- Abraham, “Islamic Reform and Colonial Discourse on Modernity in India”
- O’Connell, “God Wills It”
- Martin, “Politics, Landlords and Islam in Pakistan”
- “Transformations of Religion and the Public Sphere: Postsecular Publics” (Braidotti et al. eds.)