The Senate earlier today debated an amendment to a transportation bill introduced by Senator Roy Blunt of Missouri which would allow a religious employer to opt out of any health care decision for any religious reason of conscience. The amendment was quite broad in scope, and it was tabled by a vote of 51-48.
- Two New Books on Pentecostalism
- Lombardi on Islamic Constitutions
- Certiorari Granted in Legislative Prayer Case
- The Top Five New Law & Religion Papers on SSRN
- Good-Bye to All That?
- Targeting, Unequal Application, and Free Exercise
- Panel on Islamic Law and the Arab Spring (June 4)
- Around the Web This Week
- Castellino & Cavanaugh, “Minority Rights in the Middle East”
- Devji, “Muslim Zion”