The on-line interview series, Dialogues on Law and Justice, first noted by my colleague Mark, has posted a very useful and informative dialogue with Rick Garnett (Notre Dame) about the ministerial exception; the Hosanna-Tabor case and the several positions of the government, the legal academy, and the Court; some of the mechanics of Supreme Court cert. review; the relationship of the ME to other free exercise issues; and the various meanings of church-state “separation.” Check it out.
- NYC Council Passes Equal Access Resolution for Churches to School Property
- Is Yoga Constitutional?
- Around the Web This Week
- Rzeznik, “Church and Estate”
- Cohen, “Divine Service? Judaism and Israel’s Armed Forces”
- Reilly et al., eds., “Religion, Gender, and the Public Sphere”
- Kaskowitz, “God Bless America”
- Mackil, “Creating a Common Polity”
- Two New Books on Pentecostalism
- Lombardi on Islamic Constitutions