The on-line interview series, Dialogues on Law and Justice, first noted by my colleague Mark, has posted a very useful and informative dialogue with Rick Garnett (Notre Dame) about the ministerial exception; the Hosanna-Tabor case and the several positions of the government, the legal academy, and the Court; some of the mechanics of Supreme Court cert. review; the relationship of the ME to other free exercise issues; and the various meanings of church-state “separation.” Check it out.
- Gray on the Ubiquity of Evil
- The Obama Effect?
- Around the Web this Week
- “Religion, Violence and Cities” (O’Dowd & McKnight eds.)
- Mullin, “Constructing Political Islam as the New Other: America and Its Post-War on Terror Politics”
- Panel at AAR Meeting Next Month
- Upcoming Natural Law Colloquium Lecture at Fordham
- Abraham, “Islamic Reform and Colonial Discourse on Modernity in India”
- O’Connell, “God Wills It”
- Martin, “Politics, Landlords and Islam in Pakistan”