The on-line interview series, Dialogues on Law and Justice, first noted by my colleague Mark, has posted a very useful and informative dialogue with Rick Garnett (Notre Dame) about the ministerial exception; the Hosanna-Tabor case and the several positions of the government, the legal academy, and the Court; some of the mechanics of Supreme Court cert. review; the relationship of the ME to other free exercise issues; and the various meanings of church-state “separation.” Check it out.
- Around the Web This Week
- “Family, Religion and Law” (Shah, Foblets & Rohe, eds.)
- Nedilsky, “Converts to Civil Society”
- America’s Duty to Iraq’s Christians
- Is More Less? Or is More More?
- Rose, “Jewish Philosophical Politics in Germany, 1789-1848″
- “Hinduism” (Sweetman, ed.)
- Is ISIS Ready to Move on Aleppo?
- Peter Berger on the Anglican Establishment
- Obama Administration Announces Plans to Revise the Contraceptives Mandate