This week, the Times‘s ”Room for Debate” series addresses the question, “Is Americans’ Religious Freedom Under Threat?” Most contributors seem to think the answer is “yes.” An interesting lineup, including law professors Helen Alvaré, Noah Feldman, Michael McConnell, and Winnifred Sullivan. The discussion was organized by Thomas Farr and Timothy Shah of Georgetown’s Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs. Check it out.
- NYC Council Passes Equal Access Resolution for Churches to School Property
- Is Yoga Constitutional?
- Around the Web This Week
- Rzeznik, “Church and Estate”
- Cohen, “Divine Service? Judaism and Israel’s Armed Forces”
- Reilly et al., eds., “Religion, Gender, and the Public Sphere”
- Kaskowitz, “God Bless America”
- Mackil, “Creating a Common Polity”
- Two New Books on Pentecostalism
- Lombardi on Islamic Constitutions