This week, the Times‘s “Room for Debate” series addresses the question, “Is Americans’ Religious Freedom Under Threat?” Most contributors seem to think the answer is “yes.” An interesting lineup, including law professors Helen Alvaré, Noah Feldman, Michael McConnell, and Winnifred Sullivan. The discussion was organized by Thomas Farr and Timothy Shah of Georgetown’s Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs. Check it out.
- Gray on the Ubiquity of Evil
- The Obama Effect?
- Around the Web this Week
- “Religion, Violence and Cities” (O’Dowd & McKnight eds.)
- Mullin, “Constructing Political Islam as the New Other: America and Its Post-War on Terror Politics”
- Panel at AAR Meeting Next Month
- Upcoming Natural Law Colloquium Lecture at Fordham
- Abraham, “Islamic Reform and Colonial Discourse on Modernity in India”
- O’Connell, “God Wills It”
- Martin, “Politics, Landlords and Islam in Pakistan”