Mark L. Movsesian participated in a conference hosted by the Oasis Foundation in Venice, Italy, entitled “Where is the Middle East Heading?” The conference explored the future of Christian minorities in the Muslim countries of Northern Africa and the Middle East. Movsesian presented his paper: Ottoman Secularization in the Nineteenth Century: The Tanzimat and Christian Minorities.
- Covington-Ward, “Gesture and Power”
- Religious Freedom in America
- Roberts, “Voodoo and Power”
- Around the Web this Week
- Accetti, “Relativism and Religion”
- “The ‘Alawis of Syria: War, Faith and Politics in the Levant” (Kerr & Larkin, eds.)
- Should Catholic Hospitals be Catholic?
- Smith, “Religious Persecution and Political Order in the United States”
- Kleidosty, “The Concert of Civilizations”
- Marsden, “The Crisis of Religious Toleration in Imperial Russia”