Mark L. Movsesian participated in a conference hosted by the Oasis Foundation in Venice, Italy, entitled “Where is the Middle East Heading?” The conference explored the future of Christian minorities in the Muslim countries of Northern Africa and the Middle East. Movsesian presented his paper: Ottoman Secularization in the Nineteenth Century: The Tanzimat and Christian Minorities.
- What’s Happening in Argentina?
- Holt v. Hobbs Podcast
- Around the Web This Week
- Commins, “Islam in Saudi Arabia”
- Sciorra, “Built with Faith: Italian American Imagination and Catholic Material Culture in New York City”
- “The Oxford Handbook of Religion, Conflict, and Peacebuilding” (Omer et al., eds.)
- Rajan, “Al Qaeda’s Global Crisis”
- When Doesn’t a Religious Accommodation “Detrimentally Affect Others”? And a Few Other Holt v. Hobbs Thoughts
- Houlihan, “Catholicism and the Great War: Religion and Everyday Life in Germany and Austria-Hungary, 1914–1922″
- Steenbrink, “Catholics in Independent Indonesia:1945-2010″